In this tutorial I will show you how you can add rings to a crocheted or knitted bag, so you can attach a strap to wear your bag. It is so easy!
Enjoy! Happy crafting!
How to attach rings to a crocheted or knitted bag
- (T shirt) yarn
- Two rings
- Crochet hook (size depends on your yarn)
1. Make a slip knot and insert hook in the first sc on the wrong side of your work. Yarn over and pull through.
2. Yarn over and pull through two loops on hook. First sc made.
3. Insert hook in 2nd stitch and ring.
4. Yarn over and pull through ring and both strands of the stitch.
5. You have now two loops on your hook. Yarn over and pull through the 2 loops on your hook.
6. You have now made your first sc with the ring.
7. Repeat steps 3 – 6. The ring is now attached to your work with 2 sc.
8. Make a sc in the next stitch. This is what your work will look from the wrong side.
9. This is what your work will look from the right side.